Segment List and Builder - new look and feel!
Absolutely new UI for 'Segments' tab is available now. In addition to the features supported by the existing version of segment list and creation tool, some new features are available in the updated UI. Please see some information which will help you to get acquainted with our new pages below.
- Changes in Lookalike segments
- User created and updated a segment
- Segment groups
- Multiple actions
- Audience diagram on Segment Builder
- DMP segments
- Warning about segment deletion
- Create a segment of needed type
- Updated terminology
- Copy segment
New features and improvements in details
Changes in Lookalike segments
- New diagram is available now for definition of the needed size and quality of a segment. Depending on your case, you can set the best quality and get small premium segment or to get bigger segment with good enough quality.
- It is possible now to set negative segments for lookalikes: if you know that some segments should be excluded from the modeling process (e.g. segments with meaning which contradicts your lookalike segment), you can add those segments as negative in order to improve the quality of the needed lookalike segment.
- Auto delete lookalike segment if base segment is deleted: if you delete segment which is used for definition of lookalike segment, you will get a corresponding notification and be able to decide whether you don’t need this segment and corresponding lookalike anymore or it’s better to cancel deletion and keep both segments.
- Now we have limited number of lookalike segments which can be created based on a traffic segment - only one lookalike segment will be calculated correctly. But it’s still possible to use that lookalike segment as a filter for creation of additional traffic segments if you need to combine more parameters.
User created and updated a segment
Information about user created and updated a segment was added on:
- Segment list: column with creator and corresponding filter
- Segment edit page
Now is it possible to group segments:
- You can create a new group on Segment list or on Segment builder page; all the existing segments now are in 'Ungrouped' group
- A newly created segment can be added to a group directly during creation process
- It is possible to filter by group on a segment list
- A new column with group a segment belongs to is available on a Segment list
- It is possible to move segment to another group on a Segment list or Segment builder page
Multiple actions were added: it is possible now to select several segments and delete all of them or move to a group.
Audience diagram on Segment Builder
Match rate diagram on the top of Segment builder page is recalculated only by request now. It was done in order to simplify the creation of complex segments with long list of parameters when there is no any sense to update it after any small change in a filter list
DMP segments (beta)
Creation of segments based on action events (so-called custom DMP events which are used in addition to standard traffic events) is possible now not only through API, but also through Advanced mode on a Segment builder page
Warning about segment deletion
Now before deletion of any segment you’ll get a corresponding notification which will prevent accidental deletion
Create a segment of needed type
Now you can define type of a new segment before its creation: by clicking on ‘Create’ button you will get a list of available types of segments. After selection of the needed type you will be redirected to a corresponding creation page
New names of the known parameters: you will see some new words on a Segment builder page:
- ‘Recency’ is the old ‘Period’
- ‘Usage’ is the old ‘Status’: ‘full’ usage is ‘active’ status, and ‘reporting only’ is ‘inactive’
- ‘Label’ is ‘Annotation’
Now it is possible to copy a segment from Segment builder page - just go to ‘More’ menu for that