As we are fast approaching the end of Q2/H1, The Personalization team has been very focused on many fronts. With multi-product beta phase finalizing, continued evolution on auto optimization, propensity modelling enhancements, and much, much more.
Stay tuned as we reach for our stretch deliverable goals for this Q2 2019!
Major Improvements for this release:
- Added support for custom/manual content items on Delivery step
- Content - Added Published Articles Chart
- Continued optimization efforts to further boost app performance / responsiveness
Along with a huge list of smaller improvements and and fixes:
- Added a check to ensure no changes are lost navigating away from the Presentation view
- BugFix: incorrect ordering was used on the fixed 'Recently Published' mode
- Bugfix: Expanded Audience panels were showing no data in some circumstances
- Further enhancements for Japanese Language support
- BugFix: Added support for the edge case of Users without site groups
- Bugfix: Legacy widgets without descriptions caused issues
- Improvement: Error-state messaging
Added support for custom/manual content items on Delivery step
Previously, if you wanted to target content with low traffic, you would have to use the 'load more' button, sometimes multiple times to find the delivery location of interest. As of this new build, you can now simply type it in ! Here's an animation to show how it works ..
Content - Added 'Published Articles' Chart
Sometimes aggregates do not show the whole picture. We've added a shiny new chart to help convey the trend of content being published for your selected Maximum content age. This way, you can see the effect of max age modification more easily.
Here, we see a slow decline in content published on specific topics over the last 2 months from ~500 to around 300 - still ample content to create engaging individualized experiences.
For comparison, if we reduce the content curation and max content age, we see a much reduced content pool to select from...
It is important to ensure you balance the intended business rules around content age with a realistic assessment of content availability. With the new Published articles chart, this process becomes much more visible.
CCE App performance and responsiveness boost
We have received some great feedback on the speed improvements of the CCE platform. Whilst no small task to migrate the entire front end codebase to an improved stack, we've been able to measure significant improvements to App responsiveness, scaling to handle much more content and campaigns more efficiently, and massive reduction in app file size 'foot print'.
We continue to seek out more enhancements in the future, and wanted to share some thanks to all who have provided their experiences with the newly optimized platform - it's great to hear from you !
Happy engagement !
Simon and the Personalization team