A super exciting release today, with the evolution of the Cxense Content beta to evolving from 'beta' phase, and into general availability !
This is a proud moment in Cxense history, and a direct reflection of our Business goals and strategy to simplify our solutions into an 'intelligent data layer', as summarized on our corporate website:
Providing advanced technology solutions via easy to use interfaces provides even more value to our customers, so it is unsurprisingly a prime-directive of our solutions road map.
In addition to the monumental upgrade to general availability, this latest release also migrates legacy personalized modules into the new CCE platform, empowering business teams to incorporate personalization much more easily, and unifies the insights from both old and new modules into a single intelligent data layer.
Read on for a high level overview of the main aspects of these changes...
Unified Cxense Content Platform - at a glance
- Intuitive, easy to use Interface for creating and managing personalized content modules, no custom JSON coding/configurations required!
- Automatic, machine learning delivery optimization of personalization content for highest engagement, no need for manual tuning / management.
- “Lifetime” Module Performance reporting for all new modules - no more 30-day limit.
- Support for Live Preview, see your Module live on your site!
- Simplified deployment of modules within responsive pages, no need for iframes (unless you require them of course!).
- Curation Preview for curated content within a module, providing increased delivery transparency.
- Real-time Aggregate metrics overview of all modules across all sites, including aggregate performance metrics
SSO Bar changes:
For Customers without CCE (e.g. licensing Cxense Content only, and not Convert, Engage, or Evolve modules) the 'Content' SSO link now directs you to the new simplified CCE platform.
For Customers with CCE, they will continue to see all CCE Modules, and now gain visibility of all legacy modules (if any are present) within CCE. There is no longer a separated app, which, provides dramatic efficiencies for both management, and development of the one unified application.
Finding your Legacy Modules
All widgets/modules created in the legacy content platform are now available in the drop down menu in the new Content / CCE platform, organised by Site Group & Site:
Legacy modules are easily spotted, as they do not include an icon in the module listing.
Unified Module overviews
The widgets created in the separate Cxense Content application will include a "Legacy Content Widget" tag. Use the 'Legacy Content Widgets' filter to toggle their visibility, as shown below.
All modules gain 'forever' reporting - time-limited metrics are now a thing of the past !
Legacy modules still include Matching Mode reports (previously termed 'path reports').
As we new modules allow for auto optimization, matching mode reports become informative.
We have plans for new content modules to incorporate even more insightful reporting than these simplistic matching mode reports - stay tuned !
Creating new Auto optimized modules
- Create a new Content Module within the new Content Platform:
- Swap out the legacy tag to the new format (Script Tags are included within the 'Settings' view)
Improved Personalized Content Response & Selection Rules
Often, modules perform better when they contain emotive imagery, often a title, and possibly a Price (for product/eCommerce recommendations). Historically, this meant researching Cxense query language, and lots of experimentation.
This update provides a powerful enhancement, expanding on the previous 'what fields should deliver for a given module' capability.
You can now explicitly choose from 'deliver where available' (Field), and 'only select when available' (Required).
Ensuring a module always includes an image, of category field is now a single toggle, and no longer requires any query language nor coding !).
As previously mentioned, we are super excited to deliver such a huge increase in platform capability, along with the massive reduction in management complexity. The result of which is revolutionary value and ROI gains for you, our valued customers!In coming weeks, we will be posting best practice recommendations and technical deep dives into new topics and capabilities now accessible to non-technical teams, along with how to gain the most value from all the new unified functionality.
Happy unified, auto-optimized engagement !
The entire Cxense Team