This release delivers a huge productivity boost: a new (experimental) Experience Type for CCE Engagement modules!
UPDATE: This feature is, at time of writing still in BETA phase with an indicative 'general availability' date scheduled for end Q2 2019.
You can now select an Engage module A|B Test as an experience from within a CCE Engagement Campaign!
Experience: AB Test
Having previously set up an A|B test module, It will become available from the 'AB Test' Experience option within Engagement modules running on the same site.
Simply select your Test from the drop down within the 'Experience' step in any Engagement module's campaign.
This update ensures you no longer need to deploy new module scripts on site (or use the 'Advanced Experience Definition' to manually call the module via JSON) for your A|B tests.
In addition to removing the deployment effort and resources, this release also enables targeting of your tests using the Audience Targeting and Delivery location definitions you already use for other Engagement campaigns. For example, "Mobile Users experience [one of 3 new footer designs] when consuming content from the entertainment section".
This addition brings the possible experience count for any engagement campaign to 6:
- No Experience ('free access') - Sometimes it is important to not engage a User
- Personalized Content - Deliver engaging content to Users
- Personalized Offer - Deliver a personalized or individualized message to a User
- A|B Test - New with this release, set an A|B test experience
- Advanced - Deliver an custom experience from onsite, in-app, or a 3rd party vendor
- Import External Experience - a previously configured content module definition
We are again making previously difficult, intricate tasks that took weeks of planning and resources especially simple and efficient !
However, '....with great power comes great responsibility' (said ...someone once).
And with that, a word of caution - we were not able to defy the laws of physics - please consider you will incur usage costs for both the Engagement and Evolve module when defining an A|B test as an experience in this way.
Adding increased accessibility for CCE Evolve modules provides even more ability to solve 'business unknowns'. It is no surprise CCE A|B Modules are termed 'Evolve', as they enable teams to evolve their Audiences' experience essentially risk free. Use statistical significance to provide detailed performance data on any variation small or large to then act with tangible data insights.
We have very high expectations that this is a game-changer for simple and advanced executions alike, as such, a revolutionary addition to the solutions the Cxense Conversion Engine delivers.
This feature is sporting an 'Experimental' label - please reach out to Cxense with your feedback and suggestions.
CCE Content Module Curation
Curation just became a whole lot easier with this release. Previously, the 'Content Preview' in the CCE Content modules did not adhere to a module's include/exclude settings, so it was difficult to determine if some content was not actually going to deliver, or possibly be filtered out by the overarching include/exclude definition.
Include/Excludes capability is great when you have strict business rules that never change, though until now, these overarching content selection definitions were not reflected in the Curation workflow on the 'Content Preview' view in the CCE User Interface.
With this release, all content in the Content preview view adheres to your inclusion/exclusion definition.
It is important of remember the more restrictions you apply to content modules, the less content you have available to build individualized experiences.
A host of other tasks were also delivered with this release:
- CCE Multiple Products BETA test is still live and generating important data prior to general release
- Page Alerts have moved to top right hand side, and now auto-hide to be less of a nuisance.
- Continued optimization of new tech stack (ref last release)
- Propensity Modelling optimization improvements
- Campaign Performance Report Speed improvements
- BugFix: minor issue for Evolve module creation
- BugFix: Content 'custom matching mode' became ineditable sometimes.
Happy Evolving !
Simon & the CCE Team